Trouble Never Sleeps (Trouble #3)


Trouble Never Sleeps (Trouble #3) by Stephanie Tromly

Blurb:

No one makes getting into trouble look as good as Philip Digby—and he looks good doing it. Now that he's back in town, he's plunged Zoe (and their Scooby Gang of wealthy frenemy Sloane, nerd-tastic genius Felix, and aw-shucks-handsome Henry) back into the deep end on the hunt for his kidnapped sister. He's got a lead, but it involves doing a deal with the scion of an alarmingly powerful family, not to mention committing some light treason. Zoe and Digby are officially together now, and she's definitely up for whatever closure this new caper might offer, even though this mystery will come with a twist neither expected.

Review:

When we walked in, mom said, "Hello, Digby. Welcome to dinner. I made your favorite." She waved at the dining table. "Food."

If you are anything like me and you've been in love with this series and have been dying for this last instalment to hit (your) shelf, then I have one (crucial) recommendation to make/propose: Take the time to re-read the previous two books right before you dive into this one. This  has several opportunities: 1. You will be in full on Trouble-craze, 2. You have all the details right in front of you, 3. There is a time jump between the first and the second book - there is absolutely no time jump between the second and the third book so it actually feels really nice to just go from one to the other without having to pause, 4. Overall awesomeness.

"But," Digby said. "I'm going to need something in return."
"I will give you literally every cent I make this summer," one player said.
Another one said, "How much du you want?"
"He doesn't want money," Henry said. "You don't want money, right? Wait. Do you want money?"
I recognized the look on Digby's face. "Nope, it's going to be a lot weirder than that," I said.
"I want a human sacrifice," Digby said.
"For example," I said.
Someone in the back said, "You can have my brother. No one's going to miss that idiot."
"I bet my mom would even pay you to get my dad out of the picture," another player said. 

Honestly, as always when I've read a last book in a series that I have been loving this much, I feel like I am at a loss of words. Obviously, I loved this book so, sooo much. Obviously, I loved all the characters (but I've been loving them for a while), and I really enjoyed where the plot went (it felt pretty similar to the previous books but also not?), and I liked all of the additional story-elements that were treated even though everyone's live was, basically, turned on its head by Digby's continuous interference and miscommunication.

But, besides all that, there really isn't that much I can say to you if you haven't read the book yet. Apart from: you should read it. And if you're new to this series altogether: what are you doing? Get on with it! I swear it's worth it! :D And if you're not new to the series but don't like it: that's fine but depending on the kinds of problems you've had with previous books this one might actually be more to your liking so maybe give it a shot anyways?

Uh, yeah, that's it. Feels kinda dumb to conclude a review like that but, you know, talk to me as soon as you've finished reading this book for yourself and we can gossip about all the major drama that takes place in this story like it's real life! Sounds fun? Heck, yeah, it does!

"I said 'Don't do it' but you thought I meant 'Attack the armed and dangerous criminal'?" When I nodded, Digby said, "Wow. I have driven you crazy."

Rating:

You know, I've re-read the first two books and immediately followed it up with this third book. This doesn't usually work out well for me (I can get kind of stuck on repetitive elements) but I ended this book absolutely in love with everything and everyone and I just have to give this 5 out of 5 stars. The books themselves might not all be 5-out-of-5-star reads but the series as a whole definitely deserves it.

Details:

Name: Trouble Never Sleeps
Deutscher Titel: (es gibt keine deutsche Übersetzung - zumindest noch nicht, für die ersten beiden Bücher aber schon. Sollte ich daran denken, werde ich den deutschen Titel so bald als möglich hier anfügen.)
Series: Trouble
Author: Stephanie Tromly
Previous Books in this Series: Trouble Is a Friend of Mine (#1), Trouble Makes a Comeback (#2)
Publisher: Hot Key Books
Pages: 304
Where?: Amazon 

Comments

Beliebte Posts.

Sharp Objects

A June Throwback

The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes #9)