The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3)


The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3) by Rick Riordan

Blurb:

It's not everyday you find yourself in combat with a half-lion, half-human.
But when you're a son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster.
Oh and guess what. The Oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive.

Review:

"Well," said Apollo with a brave smile. "You were right, my dear. You had everything under control! Let's go see if we boiled anyone important, shall we?"

This was great! I liked it even more than the second book – at least the beginning was great the ending I didn't like as much but it was still very enjoyable. 


The humor in these books is starting to really get me. Percy's sarcasm was of the best variety, Apollo is the embodiment of fun and Greek mythology is as wanky as ever. Basically, it's all you could have wished for in a third book of a series. 

Zoë sat down at Artemis's right. She glared at me as if all the stuff Artemis had just said was my fault, like I'd invented the idea of being a guy.

Funny enough, I think the actual plot is what interests me least in this series. I guess it's because the outcome is pretty clear (in a very abstract sense) and therefore not overly exciting while everything surrounding it actually is amazing. It doesn't even bother me, I just think that that's interesting to note.

Overall, I can't wait for the fourth book. If the series keeps up the good work it'll be an absolute blast.

I put away the sword and started speaking as calmly as I could so the hippocampi and the cow serpent would stop panicking. I didn't know if it was possible to get stampeded underwater, but I didn't really want to find out. "It's cool. No sword. See? No sword. Calm thoughts. Sea grass. Mama cows. Vegetarianism."

Rating:

I might have liked this one better than the second book but I'll stick with my 4/5 stars rating. Better, yes, but not rating-changing better (yet).

Details:

Name: The Titan's Curse
Deutscher Titel: Der Fluch des Titanen
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Author: Rick Riordan
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Pages: 312

Comments

Beliebte Posts.

A June Throwback

Sharp Objects

A September Throwback