The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4)


The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4) by Rick Riordan

Blurb:

When demonic cheerleaders invade his high school, Percy Jackson hurries to Camp Half Blood, from whence he and his demigod friends set out on a quest through the Labyrinth, while the war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near.

Review:

"Kampê's too big to get through the doors," I said hopefully.  
Then the wall exploded.

Okay, this is it. I have come so far and I've reached the point of no return. When I finished this book I had to hug it and almost cried happy tears. This isn't the best book in this series (I liked the third book better, so far) but it is the book which made me realize how much I truly love everything about Percy Jackson. And I only have one book to go. Welp. This is going to be veeeery sad.

He smells like dead people! the pegasus complained. 
Hey now, Blackjack said. Come on, Prokpie. Lotsa demigods smell weird. It ain't their fault. Oh–uh, I didn't mean you, boss.

Some words about this book: I didn't think it was as funny as the others were but it was more action packed. I pretty much flew through this book because there's just so much happening. I was almost afraid to look away as if this book could suddenly burst into flames or spout water. Honestly, this book didn't go two pages without some kind of life-threatening circumstance/monster showing up. But that's all I can really say about The Battle of the Labyrinth

"Percy!" he bellowed. He dropped his broom and ran at me. If you've never been charged by an enthusiastic Cyclops wearing a flowered apron and rubber cleaning gloves, I'm tell you, it'll wake you up quick. 
"Hey, big guy!" I said. "Ow, watch the ribs. The ribs."

Some general words about this series for those of you who haven't started reading this series yet: What in Hades are you still waiting for? Get your act together, get these books, and start reading.

In demigod-speak, we call this a "problem."

Rating:

I kinda want to give this five stars but I know that I liked the third one better. But, then again, I've really fell in love with this series so it does deserve the five stars because it's great and awesome. Well, I guess I'll have to stick with 4.5/5 stars for now. Maybe I'll reread the series and give all of the books five stars. Maybe. (Who am I kidding? It's more of a "probably/very likely/as soon as I've convinced myself that I need to own this series and have bought all of the books.")

Details:

Name: The Battle of the Labyrinth 
Deutscher Titel: Die Schlacht um das Labyrinth 
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Author: Rick Riordan
Publisher: Disney Hyperion Books
Pages: 361

Comments

Beliebte Posts.

Sharp Objects

A June Throwback

A September Throwback