Demons in Disguise (Divinicus Nex Chronicles #3)


Demons in Disguise (Divinicus Nex Chronicles #3) by A & E Kirk

Blurb:

Survival. Time to make it their problem.
With dead bodies piling up on this side of the Waiting World and the Mandatum closing in, Aurora is so over being prey. So the hunted becomes the hunter. Targeting the dangerous traitor who wants her dead catapults Aurora out of Gossamer Falls and way past her comfort zone.
But the master of deception won’t go down easy, armed with a diabolical plan and a legion of evil to take down anyone who gets in their way…including the Hex Boys. Aurora and her six Hexy Knights dive into the belly of the Mandatum beast and wade through murky moral waters where trusting the wrong people is the only way to make things right.
What could possibly go wrong?
In Aurora’s case…everything.

Review:

He shook his head and laughed again. "I should've known. Well, at least you saved Coach without blowing the place up. That's an improvement on your usual disasters.""Was that a compliment?"
"Don't let it get to your head. I know it's pretty empty in there, and you like to fill it up with fantasies of your own greatness."
"You mean fantasies like where I've foiled demon invasions, opened the portal and took Aphrodite with me, saved a little girl everyone thought was dead," okay, technically Gloria saved Chloe, but..., "then left the evil goddess in Hell while brining a former Mandantum hunter back to Earth, and thereby solidifying a demon god of love as our new BFF? Those fantasies?"
"Yeah," Matthias said. "Those fantasies. And if you think having Eros as a BFF is a good thing, you really are off your bloody rocker."

Sadly, I have to agree with (almost) everyone ever who's read these books: This just wasn't as great as the previous books in the series because of a severe lack of actual Hex-action. The boys are gone for a big junk of the book and, yes, Aurora is funny, but the Hexboys were 6/7th of what made the previous books some of the most mind-bogginlgy and indescribably funny things I ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

Mind you, this was anything but a bad book, it just doesn't hold up compared to either Demons at Deadnight or Drop Dead Demons. Still, I'm happy I read it and I was happy while reading. This book sucked me right in once I started and I practically flew through it, it even managed to tickle the occasional giggle out of me when I was reading it in public.

And, frankly, that is pretty much all I have to say about Demons in Disguise. The plot is finally starting to take up some speed and I really, really, really want to read the next book (in which the Hexboys are hopefully more prominent). 

Rating:

As I've said: it's a good book, just not as brilliantly funny as the previous two books in the series (which, if you haven't read them yet, you should totally check out), thus I'm giving this one 4 out of 5 stars.

Details:

Name: Demons in Disguise
Series: Divinicus Nex Chronicles 
Author: A & E Kirk
Previous Books in this Series: Demons at Deadnight (#1), Drop Dead Demons (#2)
Pages: 586
Where?: Amazon

Comments

Beliebte Posts.

Her Royal Highness (Royals #2)

The Start of Me and You (The Start of Me and You #1)

Ella, The Slayer